Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cabin in the Woods - Travel

Ryan's mom was so wonderful to invite me on their family vacation to Burney Falls. For 3 nights we stayed in a cabin in the middle of the woods. It was so quiet and so dark, I was actually a bit anxious the first night. But by the second and third night, I really came to appreciate everything around me. I needed this. I think everyone needs to get away from the city every now and then. I saw the most beautiful places - I mean breathtaking places. If you love camping, this is where you need to go! Our cabin was only a 5 minute walk away from Burney Falls and a 1 minute drive away from the lake (where you can swim, kayak, or paddle boat). I'm hoping to make another trip during the winter when it's covered in snow :)

5 comments:

  1. wow what a fun trip! Love your shots of the tree branches and surrounding nature. mmm...must make quesadilla

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of photos! I've never been camping, but it seems fun. I find it amusing that the guy in the pictures with the food is wearing a Muni t-shirt, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like loads of fun! I think everyone needs a break from the city sometimes - some more than others :D Looks like you got some great weather to go with the trip too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That place looks like an ideal escape for a writer! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete